ABOUT THE COMPANY
This is a well established and growing New Zealand owned freight forwarder. A full service forwarder well known in the industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be the face of the business for our client in Christchurch. You will satisfy new and existing clients needs and make sure their goods are delivered safely and efficiently. You will also be expected to be on call 1 week in 6 what that means is your available after hours and all weekend, you will be rewarded for this outside of your normal remuneration. You will also offer help and support in the warehouse when required.
Our ideal candidate will have a class 2 licence and also have the below attributes.
- Forklift licence (OSH & F-endorsement)
- DG licence a benefit
- Worked in a warehouse/logistics environment previously
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Thinks outside the box and will use your initiative
- Attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication; verbal & written
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Pro-active and resourceful with excellent time management
- Must be able to take ownership
- Must be professional, well mannered and have a sense of humour
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- No criminal convictions
SOUND LIKE YOU?
Are you ready to go places with your career?
Apply via the link or you can call Craig Stephenson on (03) 963 1110 to discuss your suitability for the role.
Not quite you?
Always wondered why you hear about your dream job after its gone? Over 70% of our freight & logistics roles are filled without being advertised – if you’re in the industry make sure you’re registered with us so you don’t miss out on these opportunities.