ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is one of the largest exporters of live exports in there field who have a great reputation for consistently delivering a high quality product to the end customer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the South Island Operations Manager you will have influence over your team to produce high quality product to it’s overseas customers and manage the day to day operations of the factory. You will need to engage and motivate a small team and ensure compliance is followed and be hands on working on the production line as well. Health and Safety is critical for this role so a good understanding would be ideal. With live exports they have peak periods so flexibility around working hours is critical.
Ideally you have had people management experience and you are an excellent communicator, you have great attention to detail and are motivated and enthusiastic to get the best out of your team and others around you. You will also have the below attributes;
- Hands on approach
- Lead team and identify areas of training/coaching that maybe required
- Calm under pressure
- A sense of humour to fit in with the team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Thinks outside the box and will use your initiative
- Attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication; verbal & written
- Pro-active and resourceful with excellent time management
- Intermediate Microsoft ability
- Have a full clean drivers licence (Class 2 and forklift licence an advantage but not essential)
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and have no criminal convictions
- Health & Safety conscious
- Food safety conscious
- Mechanical knowledge of water reticulation and pumps an advantage
- Be proactive on maintenance issues
- Able to work to a budget
- Be physically fit
- Be able to organise early starts and work some weekends and public holidays
SOUND LIKE YOU?
READY TO GO PLACES WITH YOUR CAREER?
Apply via the link or you can call Craig Stephenson on 021 571 662 to discuss your suitability for the role.
NOT QUITE YOU?
Always wondered why you hear about your dream job after its gone? Over 50% of our freight & logistics roles are filled without being advertised – if you’re in the industry make sure you’re registered with us so you don’t miss out on these opportunities