Our client are a well known and growing operation with several operations throughout the South Island and employ close to 1000 full-time staff. They have interests in seafood, frozen vegetables, meat and dairy products.
A busy role reporting to the Christchurch Hub Manager. Being a 7 day operation you will require flexibility, although this role is Monday-Friday 7am-5pm you maybe required to work the odd Saturday. Elements of the role include interacting with clients so a high degree of professionalism and customer focus is paramount. Having an understanding of the transport industry requirements would be beneficial. The role will also require someone who has excellent computer and administration skills and when you do get a little quiet you will need to muck in where required.
Our ideal candidates will have had transport dispatch experience previously and be very passionate about the industry, you will also have the below traits;
- Leadership experience in previous roles
- Experience in H&S
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Thinks outside the box and will use your initiative
- Attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication; verbal & written
- Advanced level in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have had experience on 2IC CHEP, E-Road and ICOS would be an advantage
- Pro-active and resourceful with excellent time management
- Must be able to take ownership
- Must be professional, well mannered and have a sense of humour
- Having a forklift licence (OSH & F) would be beneficial but not essential
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Candidates will be subject to undergo a criminal background check
- Be able to supply two relevant referees
ARE YOU READY TO GO PLACES WITH YOUR CAREER?
Apply via the link or you can call Craig Stephenson on (03) 963 1110 to discuss your suitability for the role.
NOT QUITE YOU?
Always wondered why you hear about your dream job after its gone? Over 60% of our freight & logistics roles are filled without being advertised – if you’re in the industry make sure you’re registered with us so you don’t miss out on these opportunities.