Our client is a well known iconic brand in New Zealand and they are all about adventure whether it be indoors or outdoors. Freedom is the name of the game and enjoying that journey regardless of the conditions around us, freedom to explore the world around us to learn new experiences is what we are all about.
About the Role
Be part of our international expansion and help lead the development of our Supply Chain capabilities. Our client is looking for a talented Supply Chain professional to manage all our international freight movements and develop our international Supply Chain capability. With mature freight forwarding processes and advanced visibility and an exceptional management tool; operationally we need your technical understanding and leadership. Increasingly, the focus of our business is international expansion. As demand grows our supply channels need to develop, and this is a key focus for this role.
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong operational knowledge of international Supply Chains
- Freight Forward Management
- An understanding of purchase order management processes
- Experience managing offshore 3PL’s
- Developed origin distribution capabilities
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Manage international freight spend, optimising our cost per m3 to deliver the required service levels
- All international freight movements (inbound and outbound) and legislative / regulatory requirements
- Monitor and manage inbound flow, escalating exceptions flow plans to merchandise planning.
- PO Mgmt critical path management from PO placement to DC received. To deliver high DIFOTIS enabling efficient DC processing
- Manage supplier relationships; freight forwarder & international couriers
- Develop our international Supply Chain capabilities
- Manage our offshore 3PL relationships
- Drive continuous improvement activities in our Supply Chain, but specifically in our Inbound Supply Chain area.
Desired skills & attributes:
- Demonstrates strong understanding of international freight forwarding
- Worked in retail or wholesale, ideally apparel.
- Exposure to China and / or SE Asia Supply Chains
- Experience in projects and project management disciplines as a team member, subject matter expert or project manager
- Be highly organized, motivated and possess a trouble shooting nature.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior supply chain roles.
Are you ready to go places with your career?
Apply via the link or call Craig Stephenson on (03) 963 1110 for a chat about your suitability for the role.
Not quite you?
Always wondered why you hear about your dream job after its gone? Over 50% of our freight & logistics roles are filled without being advertised – if you’re in the industry make sure you’re registered with us so you don’t miss out on these opportunities