A locally based and very effective transport company operating a fleet of vehicles, transporting shipping containers and general freight primarily in and around Christchurch and Canterbury. A family feel where they work hard and look after the team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A busy role (averaging 40-45 hours per week) from 11am-7pm, Monday to Friday. Elements of the role will include interacting with clients, so a high degree of professionalism and customer focus is paramount.
Ideally we’re looking for candidates with at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role with some form of transport or dispatch experience. However, this role does offer the opportunity to develop your dispatch skills and further your career within the company, so candidates with phone-based office experience and the desire to forge a career in the industry will also be considered.
To excel in the role it’s likely you will bring:
- A sound geographical knowledge of Christchurch & the surrounds
- Examples of how you multitask and excel in pressure situations
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- A pro-active and resourceful approach
- An analytical mind; planning ahead and tracking vehicle movements and progress (there is GPS to help with this of course)
- Some understanding of vehicle configurations and limitations
- Health & Safety conscious
SOUND LIKE YOU?
Are you ready to go places with your career?
Apply via the link or call Craig Stephenson on (03) 963 1110 for a confidential chat about your suitability to the role.
Not quite you?
Always wondered why you hear about your dream job after its gone? Over 50% of our freight & logistics roles are filled without being advertised – if you’re in the industry make sure you’re registered with us so you don’t miss out on these opportunities.