Green Light Recruitment (2013) Limited (“the Company”) is committed to adhering to the requirements laid down by the Privacy Act 2020 in order to ensure that any information provided to us by a candidate is kept and used for lawful purposes.
The Privacy Act mandates that personal information may only be collected for a lawful and necessary purpose directly from the person whom it relates to and for such information only to be used with that individuals consent.
Collection of Personal Information
The Company will collect personal information about you if you become a potential candidate seeking placement as a temp/contractor or employment on a part time or full time basis. This information will be collected so as to enable the Company to assist you in possible job placement with its clients.
How the Company will collect your Personal Information
The Company will collect personal information from you in a number of ways:
- When you complete a registration form (whether in paper or electronic format) and submit that to us;
- When you supply us with your Curriculum Vitae (whether in paper or electronic format);
- Any information you provide when you attend an interview with the Company; and
- When you supply us with any other information (whether verbally or in writing) at any stage of you being listed with the Company as a candidate.
Personal information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you (whether from a former employer or referee);
- We obtain feedback from inquiries we may make with your former employer(s), work colleagues, professional associations or any applicable registration body;
- We receive the results of any medical or competency test that relates to you;
- We receive feedback on your performance (regardless of whether this is positive or negative);
- We receive notification of any complaint about you or workplace accident that you have been involved in;
- We receive an application (regardless of form) from you in response to a job placement advertisement; and
- We obtain any information about any investigation, inquest, inquiry, litigation or prosecution that you are involved in.
Use of Personal Information
Upon authorised collection of your personal information by the above named means you authorise the Company to use your information in connection with the following:
- Your suitability for employment/or placement (in whatever capacity);
- Reference checking;
- Assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Performance Appraisals;
- Payment for work you may have completed;
- Follow up referrals for further work;
- Checking for work availability;
- Any test or assessment you may be required to undergo i.e. medical tests, skills based assessments or psychometric assessments;
- To enable us to identify any specific training needs or workplace rehabilitation;
- Any insurance claim or inquiry that requires disclosure of your personal information;
- Our handling of any complaint, investigation or inquiry of which you are or have been involved in; and
- In order to fulfil any specific legal requirements that necessitate disclosure of your personal information.
Disclosure and related use of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Any potential or actual client of the Company for a potential role. Any information supplied to a client by Green Light Recruitment (2013) Ltd regarding a candidate, is done so on a strictly confidential basis to enable the client to assess a candidate’s suitability for a position;
- Any confidential information provided by a client to Green Light Recruitment (2013) Ltd may be accessed by any agent, employee or affiliate of the Company in order to complete a successful candidate placement for the client;
- Your Referees;
- Our Insurers;
- Any professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- The Accident Compensation Corporation, The Ministry of Justice, New Zealand Transport Agency or any other Government agency in abiding by legal requirements;
- Canterbury Health Laboratories (in relation to a pre-employment drug test if required);
- Contractors and suppliers eg computer database, IT and website agents;
- Agents or Job Boards that provided your details to Green Light Recruitment (2013) Ltd (such as Student Job Search) whereby they have an agreement with you to obtain information from Green Light Recruitment (2013) Ltd; and
- Any other person or party with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Access of Information and Correction to Information Held
Subject to the exceptions laid down by the Information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, you have the right to see and obtain a copy of any of the personal information the Company holds about you.
Any such request will be dealt with by the Company in a reasonable and practicable timeframe without undue delay.
If after reviewing the information we hold about you, you are able to establish that some or all of that personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date we will undertake steps to correct it or any part of it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date. However, if we disagree that the information is not accurate, complete and up to date then you may request us to place a statement by you with that information regarding the information and why it is not accurate, correct or up to date.
If you wish to access your information or request a correction you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where practicable, you will not be charged for an access request, however where the access request spans a large amount of information then the Company may impose a moderate charge for this.
Please note that access will not be given to any information generated about you via any Psychometric Testing process that you may undergo as this is the sole property of the Company and/or Client.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy please email us at email@example.com.